Summer events round-up
• A 3-day fundraising event called ‘Toos That Fit’ is being hosted by Victorious Gallery beginning Friday August 8th through Sunday August 10th! The newly opened and ONLY tattoo parlor in the city of Claremont, CA is generously donating 20% of all artwork during this event. If getting ‘inked’ is already on your agenda, why not help children in need at the same time? Visit Victorious Gallery’s Facebook page for more info!
• Temperatures are still soaring here in SoCal, but our Shoes That Fit team is forming now for a fundraising Holiday Half Marathon and 5K Run/Walk at Pomona Fairplex (CA) December 13 and 14! It’s not too late to join the team at a discounted entry rate, but entry fees will increase as the race nears. Here’s how to get started:
1. Start your registration by clicking on Shoes That Fit’s Donate Now button to submit your race entry fee: Discounted rate of $85 for the Half Marathon OR $30 for the 5K Run/Walk until Sept.15
2. Wait for your entry fee confirmation letter and email from Shoes That Fit which will include your special charity promo code.
3. Go to the Holiday Half Marathon website and register yourself for the race using your special charity promo code to indicate you’ve already submitted your fee.
4. Before the run, gather support from your family, friends and coworkers to sponsor you as a member of this inaugural Shoes That Fit team. You will have access to MyCharityofChoice.com to set-up your own fundraising page!
If you have any questions about the race or starting your registration, please contact Barbara@shoesthatfit.org or call our office for details!
• It’s never too late to go solar for clean, more affordable energy and Shoes That Fit is now a Solar City network partner! When you install your solar system through Solar City, they will donate $250 to help kids in need through Shoes That Fit! BONUS FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST: Our Solar City account rep Jeff will be donating an extra $100 for every installation! To get more information and a free quote, click on this link today.
• Time for Wine! The Claremont Village Wine Walk (CA) is being held on Sept. 13, 2014 from 4pm – 8pm. Tickets on sale now. 38 Village businesses participate in this wine tasting, food sampling, live music extravaganza! The best part: a portion of the proceeds from this event will be donated to Shoes That Fit to help local children in need!
• If you’re clearing out your closet to make room for fall fashions, consider donating your designer clothing, accessories and shoes to Fashion Project and designating Shoes That Fit as the charity you’d like to support. Fashion Project resells your donated items for maximum value and proceeds from your items are granted to Shoes That Fit. It’s fashion as a force for good. You can also earn a $40 Nordstrom Gift Cards with your eligible donation!
• The annual Shoes That Fit Charity Golf Tournament took place on July 28th and proves to be a very successful fundraising event each year, thanks to Bob Montgomery and his team of dedicated volunteers at OnMedia Ad Sales in Des Moines, IA. Funds raised from this fun day of golf are used to provide new shoes and other cold weather necessities to children in need this year.
• Claremont Craft Ales held their 2nd anniversary celebration on July 26 and donated $1,000 of the day’s proceeds to Shoes That Fit! Generous patrons dropped off 59 packages of socks for our emergency warehouse before heading next door for food, friends, fun and craft beer! Thanks to everyone who attended and to owners Emily and Simon for their continued support of Shoes That Fit.
• Rack Room Shoes is offering a complimentary tote bag when you donate $5 or more to their Shoes That Fit efforts. Since 2007, they have raised and delivered more than 89,000 pairs of new shoes to children in need living in the communities surrounding each of their 385 stores.
• Shoes That Fit For School, an annual campaign hosted by Village Marketing Group and local Claremont (CA) merchants, did an outstanding job of making sure nearly 250 children in need will return to school in a few weeks with new shoes, socks, and backpacks filled with essential school supplies! Special thanks to coordinator Mike, owner of The Last Drop Café, for making this a successful event!
1420 N. Claremont Blvd.Suite 204A, Claremont, CA 91711
Toll Free: (888) 715-4333 Phone#: (909) 482-0050 Fax: (909) 482-0085