Shoes That Fit Blog by category: Holiday Giving
• Support #TeamShoesThatFit during the Holiday Half Marathon and 5k! By participating in this fun holiday run on Dec. 12-13, our team is raising awareness of Shoes That Fit and provide 1,000 local SoCal students in need with new athletic shoes. You can help us reach our team goal by making your tax-deductible donation through CrowdRise or directly through the secure Shoes That Fit website. And consider joining our team next year!
• Shoes That Fit is proud to co-sponsor Operation Shoes From Santa with LAPD 77th Street Community Police Station on December 17th. New shoes will be given to more than 1,000 pre-identified children in need in the surrounding Los Angeles community. You can help by donating a new pair of athletic shoes or making a donation online today! Watch this short video to find out more! To donate online, visit http://www.shoesthatfit.org/donate.php
• You can help a child in your own local community by purchasing a $10 giving card from any U.S. Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack through December 24th! 100% of your purchase of a $10 Giving Card goes directly toward a new pair of New Balance athletic shoes for a child in need in your community. With your help, 20,000 students across the country can receive desperately needed new shoes this holiday season through this partnership. Find your nearest Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack store. Not near a store? No problem! Make your tax-deductible donation online.
• Love Shoes That Fit? Become one of our treasured Solemates this holiday season! Your secure automated monthly donation will help Shoes That Fit reach more children in need throughout the year. Get started by clicking here or contact our office today.
Wishing you happy holidays and a healthy, happy and prosperous new year!
Amy, Barbara, Jarret, Lee, Nekeda, Rebecca and Thomas
Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday…Mark your calendar for #GivingTuesday, December 2 and join us in a national day of giving. We encourage you to make a secure donation through our website. You can also participate in our Nordstrom, New Balance Holiday Giving partnership! (Details below)
• Shoes That Fit is proud to partner with Nordstrom this holiday season to provide 15,000 children in need across the country with New Balance athletic shoes! From now through December 24, you can visit any Nordstrom shoe department or Nordstrom Rack checkout in the U.S. to purchase a Holiday Giving Card for only $10! Not near a store? No problem! You can also purchase a giving card online through the Shoes That Fit website at http://www.shoesthatfit.org/Get-Involved/NordstromCares. This partnership, now in its fifth year, has provided 43,700 pairs of new shoes to students across the U.S. Your giving card purchase ensures that a local child in need will receive much needed new shoes that fit in time for the holiday season.
• Please join us in welcoming Verisight, Inc. as our newest corporate partner! Verisight is a recognized leader in comprehensive retirement plan services and consulting solutions. Verisight employee volunteers have provided new shoes to elementary school children in Concord, CA, Rockford and Moline, IL, Rio Vista, CA, Chicago, IL and Des Moines, IA through the Shoes That Fit program. Through this new partnership, more children in need will benefit from our program in Mobile, AL, Dallas, TX and Overland Park, KS. Welcome to the Shoes That Fit family!
• A team of Shoes That Fit supporters will participate in a fundraising Holiday Half Marathon and 5K Run/Walk at Pomona Fairplex (CA) December 13 and 14! Your support of our inaugural team in this exciting event will ensure that together we continue to expand our reach, helping children in need through our program. You can contribute to any of our individual runners who’ve created their own fundraising page or make a general donation to the Shoes That Fit team through MyCharityofChoice.com. We invite you to join us on race days to help cheer on our runners and celebrate with us at the finish line. We’d also like to thank Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center and Foothill Transit for their sponsorship.
If you’re interested in a sponsorship opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to volunteer with us on Dec.14 from 10am-2pm, contact Barbara@shoesthatfit.org
• Making room for your winter wardrobe? Donate your designer clothing, accessories and shoes to Fashion Project and designate Shoes That Fit as the charity you’d like to support. Fashion Project resells your donated items for maximum value and proceeds from your items are granted to Shoes That Fit. It’s fashion as a force for good! Until November 30, 2014, you can earn a $40 Nordstrom Gift Card with 5 eligible donations! Click here to learn more.
1420 N. Claremont Blvd.Suite 204A, Claremont, CA 91711
Toll Free: (888) 715-4333 Phone#: (909) 482-0050 Fax: (909) 482-0085