Shoes That Fit Blog by category: donate
• Amy Fass, Executive Director, discusses the importance of new shoes and the impact they make on children in need with host Brad Pomerance of Time Warner Cable Local
Edition (CA). To view the interview in its entirety, click here!
• John Ems, volunteer and owner of Sunshine Windows (Upland, CA) generously donated warehouse space to temporarily house new shoe donations in preparation of our
emergency warehouse remodel. We are grateful to John, his brother Michael and many members of the Upland Foothill Kiwanis club who gladly volunteered their time to help move,
stack and unpack boxes in the temporary space. Here's a quick peek at them in action!
• Thanks to our fashionistas who donated their designer clothing, shoes or accessories to Fashion Project, designating Shoes That Fit as their supported charity. Because
of them, over $500 in donations were received! If you’d like to join the movement to change the world one piece of clothing at a time, visit Fashion Project’s website today!
• Our partnership with Nordstrom and New Balance helped over 18,000 children over the holidays but customers and supporters were so generous that we are helping more
students in the next few months, for a total of over 26,000 children!
• Don’t forget to use AmazonSmile when online shopping and a portion of your eligible purchases will be donated to Shoes That Fit. Please bookmark and use this link.
• Support Shoes That Fit by donating your car, truck, motorcycle or boat, running or not, to Cars 4 Causes. Click here to find out how.
• Sign up for eNews today to keep up with all the latest Shoes That Fit news!
Even though the holiday season is in full swing, there’s still plenty of time for you to help children in need through the Shoes That Fit program! Here are just a few ways you can give a meaningful gift that gives back to children in need across the U.S. this year.
- Nordstrom’s Holiday Giving Tree program runs through December 24th - We invite you to visit any Nordstrom or selected Nordstrom Rack in the U.S. to purchase a $10 tag that will help donate a new pair of New Balance athletic shoes to children in the local community through the Shoes That Fit program.
- Merchants in downtown Claremont Village (CA) hosting a Sock Walk through December. Donate a new package of socks for children in need & pick up a little something extra for yourself at any one of the unique Village shops. Click here for a complete list of drop-off locations.
- Help children in Newton, Marshalltown, Fort Dodge and Ames, IA by picking up a donor card with a child's name, age & shoe size, purchase the shoes & drop off at one of many drop-off locations. Our volunteers at OnMedia Ad Sales in Des Moines, IA will make sure children in need receive your donation of new shoes.
- Give a gift that gives back by shopping AmazonSmile and choosing Shoes That Fit as your charity before shopping. AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of your purchases to Shoes That Fit!
We love to hear from our supporters, so please contact us with any comments, questions or inspiring stories!
With Daylight Savings time just a few days away, we are getting ready to kick off spring with the annual Spring For Shoes event! With the help of our sponsor, the Village Marketing Group, many participating merchants in the Claremont Village (CA) will give you the opportunity from March 8 through March 24 to help 125 local school children in need return from Spring Break in new shoes that fit!
Spring For Shoes is a yearly event coordinated by Village Marketing Group with the help participating merchants in downtown Claremont, CA and the generosity of their customers and the local community. It's a simple way of helping kids in need return to school this spring in comfort and with dignity, ready to learn and play!
Here's how it works:
- Beginning Friday March 8th, visit any participating merchant in the Claremont Village
- Check out a tote bag already complete with a child's first name, age & shoe size
- Fill the bag with a new pair of athletic shoes, socks & other goodies (suggested list of goodies in bag!)
- Return the tote bag to the merchant/store where you checked it out from by Sunday March 24th
- Make a child in need very happy when they receive the tote bag YOU filled!
It's that easy! Thank You for helping a child in need receive shoes that fit!
p.s. While picking out your tote bag to fill, don't forget to pick up a little something extra for your loved ones or yourself. Lots of wonderful Village Merchants are participating!
- Aromatique Skin & Body Care - 319 W. First St. Suite A (909) 626-7422
- Buddhamouse Emporium - 134 Yale Ave (909) 626-3322
- Colors 91711 - 248 Harvard Ave (909) 624-6161
- Dr. Grubb's - 353 W. Bonita Ave (909) 621-6200
- Escape Salon - 250 W. First St. #146 (909) 399-3181
- Le Pain Quotidien - 175 N. Indian Hill Blvd., #103-AB (909) 625-1609
- Pita Pit - 1 N. Indian Hill Blvd., #104 (909) 624-3900
- Scarlett Closet - 254 W. Bonita Ave (909) 621-6100
- Sonja Stump Photography - 135 W. First St (909) 626-1147
- Stamp Your Heart Out - 131-C Harvard Ave (909) 621-4363
- The Bath Workshop - 175 N. Indian Hill Blvd., #100A (909) 625-3417
- The Green Gypsie - 526 W. First St (Packing House) (909) 621-4717
See You In The Village!
As our 20th anniversary comes to a close, we are truly grateful for our volunteers, supporters and the many milestones we have achieved. One million pairs of new shoes and other items were donated to children in need across the county since our founding in 1992 - no easy feat! With the holidays in full swing and so much for us all to be grateful for, let's not forget the deserving children helped through Shoes That Fit.
It's not too late! If you haven't made your year-end contribution to Shoes That Fit, you can safely & securely donate online now or mail in your check. If you have already sent your gift, Thank You! You help make it possible for children in need to attend school in comfort and with dignity, better prepared to learn and play.
You can also help children in need through the annual Nordstrom Holiday Giving Tree program across the U.S.from now through December 24, 2012. Every Nordstrom Full-line store will display holiday trees with tags that customers can purchase for $20. Each of the more than 8,100 tags represents a deserving child in that community who will receive a new pair of New Balance athletic shoes.
If you're in Southern California, our small emergency warehouse located within our Claremont headquarters is desperately in need of restocking of all sizes (children's size 10 through adult size 12). Your donation of new, closed heel, closed toe athletic style shoes will be greatly appreciated.
Wishing you a Happy Holiday and Prosperous New Year!
Roni, Amy, Lee, Barbara, Jarret and Thomas
Last year, you made it possible for Anthony & more than 119,000 children like him to start school with his head held high. Here is what he wrote after receiving his new shoes:
"...To you people it may be nothing but to me it is a blessing. For me a new pair of shoes to come by are really hard. I'm almost dirt poor and I look all bumish but with these new shoes I won't look that bad anymore...God bless you people for throwing some joy into my life-you people are too kind!
There are thousands of children all across the country just like Anthony. They are the kids in the back of the room whose feet hurt so much that they can't concentrate, so worried about what their peers will think, they don't even participate in recess.
We are depending on you to help children like Anthony take the first step to success in school with brand new Shoes That Fit. And it's so easy to do! Donate online now, mail your check or money order or consider becoming a Sole Mate & make automatic monthly donations of as little as $20 a month to Shoes That Fit. You'll receive an acknowledgement for your tax-deductible gift and a thank you note from a child your gift has helped. As Anthony wrote, "Take care of yourselves and once again, thank you!"
1420 N. Claremont Blvd.Suite 204A, Claremont, CA 91711
Toll Free: (888) 715-4333 Phone#: (909) 482-0050 Fax: (909) 482-0085