Have fun while helping Shoes That Fit!
With summer in full swing, we know you're enjoying the warm weather and getting some rest and relaxation, so here are just a few of the easy and fun things you can do to continue helping children in need through Shoes That Fit!
• Village Marketing Group is kicking off their annual Shoes That Fit For School event with the help of local downtown Claremont (CA) merchants July 11 through July 28th! Backpacks will be available for you to sign-out from participating merchants, fill with a new pair of athletic shoes, socks and school supplies, then return the backpack to where you picked it up! It’s that easy! Your participation in this event will help a child return to school in comfort and with dignity, better prepared to learn and play.
• Thinking about going solar for clean, more affordable energy? Shoes That Fit is now a network partner with Solar City! To get more information and a free quote, click on this link. Solar City will donate $250 upon completion of your solar system installation.
• Our friends and neighbors at Claremont Craft Ales are hosting their 2nd anniversary celebration July 26 and donating a portion of the proceeds to Shoes That Fit! Food, Fun and craft beer for your enjoyment. There are two sessions to choose from: 12pm-4pm OR 5pm-9pm Get your tickets today!
• Bob Montgomery and his team of everyday heroes at OnMedia Ad Sales in Des Moines, IA hosting their annual Shoes That Fit charity golf tournament July 28th. Tee-off at Tournament Club of Iowa to help children in need receive new shoes and other cold weather necessities! To register, call: 515-697-6793 Registration at 8am – Shot gun start at 9am. $100 per golfer (includes golf, cart, lunch and prizes)
• We’re very excited to announce that Shoes That Fit teams forming now for a fundraising Holiday Half Marathon and 5K Run/Walk at Pomona Fairplex (CA) December 14 and 15!
Here’s how to get started:
1. Start your registration by clicking on Shoes That Fit’s Donate Now page to submit your race entry fee: Discounted rate of $85 for the Half Marathon OR $30 for the 5K Run/Walk until Sept.15
2. Wait for your entry fee confirmation letter and email from Shoes That Fit which will include your special charity promo code.
3. Go to the Holiday Half Marathon website and register yourself for the race using your special charity promo code to indicate you’ve already submitted your fee.
4. Before the run, gather support from your family, friends and coworkers to sponsor you in this inaugural Shoes That Fit team. You will have access to your own fundraising page on MyCharityofChoice.com
If you have any questions about the race or starting your registration, please contact Barbara@shoesthatfit.org or call our office for details!
• Shoes That Fit is hiring! If you’d like to help children in need, possess professional fundraising experience and want to work part-time, please view the complete job description here for details.
1420 N. Claremont Blvd.Suite 204A, Claremont, CA 91711
Toll Free: (888) 715-4333 Phone#: (909) 482-0050 Fax: (909) 482-0085